Posts tagged MaRS
I want to draw your attention to a blog post that I wrote on the BlackBerry Partners Fund website a few months ago. In times of recession, when cash is tight and purchase orders are scarce, understanding how and where to receive financing becomes of paramount important.
For additional details, please refer to the full article.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Apply for IRAP funding (provided by the NRC)
- Apply for SR+ED tax claims through the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Incentive Program
- Funding Source: The Investment Accelerator Fund (IAF). Through investment of up to $500K, the IAF helps launch high potential technology ventures.
- Funding Source: MaRS Discover District has a number of services that can help entrepreneurs. They have funding from the Ministry of Research and Innovation for business projects and investments of up to $500,000 in seed capital.
- Ontario Centre of Excellence for Communications (OCE) and Information Technology helps startups by co-investing in the research and development of leading-edge, industrially relevant, technologies through partnerships at universities, and moving the results into the marketplace, through existing companies or new, spin-off enterprises.
If you are a mobile start up, please feel free to apply for Jump Start Financing at the BlackBerry Partners Fund, which can invest up to $500K USD into innovative start ups.