Larry Cheng Updates Global VC Blog List
Larry Cheng updated his Global VC Blog list today (originally posted in May 2009 as top-100 in Google Reader subscriptions) and has re-ranked the global top VC blogs by average monthly unique visitors on compete.com for Q4 2009 (oct+nov+dec)/3.
As per the latest global VC blog listing, Fred Wilson from Union Square Ventures (Blog: A VC) took the top spot, shifting Guy Kawasaki from Garage Technology Ventures (Blog: How To Change The World) into second place.
Here’s the top 1012 for Q4 2009:
- Fred Wilson, Union Square Ventures, A VC (100,279)
- Guy Kawasaki, Garage Technology Ventures, How To Change The World (82,838)
- Paul Graham, YCombinator, Essays (71,924)
- Brad Feld, Foundry Group, Feld Thoughts (45,633)
- Mark Suster, GRP Partners, Both Sides of the Table (39,389)
- Bill Gurley, Benchmark Capital, Above The Crowd (23,084)
- Dave McClure, Founders Fund, Master of 500 Hats (21,462)
- Josh Kopelman, First Round Capital, Redeye VC (12,972)
- Bijan Sabet, Spark Capital, Bijan Sabet (12,451)
- Jeremy Liew, Lightspeed Ventures Partners, LSVP (12,097)
- Mark Peter Davis, DFJ Gotham Ventures, Venture Made Transparent (12,010)
- Larry Cheng, Volition Capital, Thinking About Thinking (11,851)
I kept 12 for obvious reasons. Check out the full list.
Larry, thanks for keeping tabs on all these metrics — it’s a great service to everyone looking to find knowledge in the VC and startup domains. The only problem with this methodology is that compete.com tracks only US traffic, while the blog listing is global in scope. Perhaps your next update in April 2010 can use Alexa rankings or some other novel solution.